Friday, February 22, 2008

Wow, I finally joined the club!

Yes, I have finally joined the 'blogging club'. I fought it as long as I could, but I am so bad about sending out pictures to everyone that I decided to just have one spot to put them so everyone could see. I am new at this, so don't expect fanciness like Lindsay or even Chelsea (if you even know who they are), just enjoy the fact that you don't have to literally beg me for any kind of photo.

That being said, here is what our family is up to right now. We are in St. Louis, Missouri, and have been here for almost five years. Before moving here we lived in Kirksville, Missouri (I am sure you don't know where that is, so don't worry about it) where Chris went to medical school. We will be leaving St. Louis the end of June to move to Tooele, Utah(yes, laugh why don't you) because Chris will FINALLY be finished with residency and ready to practice!!!! We will be sad to leave our home, our friends, our Cardinals, and our status of 2nd most dangerous city in the nation. HOWEVER, we will be so happy to be near old friends and all of our family from both sides. We are also very happy to be buying/building our first house and look forward to its completion. I will post pictures of its progress; they started to dig yesterday.

Our family, for those of you who have been MIA for a while, consists of three beautiful, fun, and VERY active children; Ryan, who is almost ten (gasp), Brooklyn six, and Emmy 2. We also have two dogs, two turtles and a hamster named Tico. We spend our weeks busying ourselves with school, choir, scouts, reading club, Irish dance and violin. Not to mention the sports that start to creep in come summer/fall time. I love to read and welcome any good suggestions. My favorite author by far is Jane Austen and at the moment I am reading a beautiful bound book containing all seven of her novels. Adding to my joy of Jane are the moives that I can't get enough of; Emma, Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. While Chris loves me and is happy that I love Jane Austen and all things Jane, he doesn't not share this love and likes to be as far away as possible when the sap is running.


8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Welcome to the blogging world sis! I like it so far. You crack me up.

Chachita said...

Very nice!!! Welcome to the club!!!! I'm sure you are going to love blogging. Don't worry if you don't post every day as long as you post frequently so we can see what you're up to.
If you notice there are very few pictures of me in my blog. This might happen to you. Somebody has to take the pictures, right?
Lets blog, Haydee.

Unknown said...

Marcie! Lins inspired me to be a blogger too! Since I visit her darling blog multiple times a day :) (To see the irresistible smiling faces of Max & Finny) I thought it would be fun to have my own! I'll be sure to enjoy yours!

Chelsea B. said...

Your blog looks great! This is such a great way to keep in touch. Now we have to promise to keep them updated! Love ya.

Chelsea B. said...

Wow, Marcie. You're a good blogger.

-Ry

Carroll Family said...

Hi, Marcie! I was wondering where you went! How exciting that you're moving to Tooele! Although, I know how hard it is to move - and we really like St. Louis even though we never lived there. I'm glad to see you're blogging so we can keep up! Here's mine: http://thecarrollcrew.blogspot.com

DeGooyer Family said...

Yay! I'm so glad you finally joined the rest of the world. =) I really like your layout. Happy Blogging! =) =)

Kelli said...

yippee, you blog!! I am so happy that we can keep in touch this way, but I am even more happy that you're heading out to my neck of the woods. Moving is hard. But, it is so fun when the guys FINALLY finish residency and take that next big step. Congratulations. Hope to "hear" more from you. I've missed you. Kelli