Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Mississipp, the ol' miss, the ol' man (and other rivers!!)





Hey everyone, happy Monday! I hope everyone had a happy Easter. I was obviously so overtaken by Easter that this morning at the gym I signed Brooklyn and Emmy into the tot care and wrote 'Easter' instead of Emmy. oops. Here are some pictures of the amazing flood we had here. I have never seen anything like it before. The picture of the statue in the water was taken downtown at Laclede's Landing by the Mississippi River. That statue is 21 feet tall just to give you an idea. Also, notice the pictures of the driving range with water covering a portion of the road. Then look at the same pictures a day later. The road is completely underwater, including the office building for the driving range. I do have new pictures of our house but I have to save them to my computer first and then I will post them.

5 comments:

Jana said...

I can't wait to see an update on your house! I can't see the flooding pictures -- am I being stupid?? I don't think I told you our blog address -- gierischgang.blogspot.com - check it out!

Aubree said...

I can't see the pics either. Thanks again for letting Mike come over on such short notice. He said he really enjoyed your house.

Lindsay said...

Hey sis... so uh where are the photos? Love ya.

Marcie said...

ok, sorry, my computer didn't post them the first time. Random. But aren't they amazing?!! Aubree, I am glad Mike liked the house, we love it and really think you would too.

Chelsea B. said...

Those pics are crazy! Glad you are all safe and dry!